LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thru-wire change in buoyancy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limber-timber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thru-wire change in buoyancy
    Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:51am
Wondering if the hole drilled through the center of a lure for a Thur-wire setup will make a lure more buoyant.
My thoughts are creating a cavity will increase displacement, am I wrong in thinking this?
Cheers
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 9:26am
Jake, I doubt if it will be more buoyant! If anything, once the wire and glue are in the cavity, the lure will be less buoyant. Cheers Ian
Fysshe
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 7:48pm
Agree with Ian. If  the cavity is not completely filled, the weight of the extra glue and the weight of the wire would most likely make the lures less buoyant.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic