LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timber Unknowns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timber Unknowns
    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:25pm
Hi, just chasing some I.D's on the lures below. Any help appreciated thanks.

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:31pm
Any indication of a sticker on the popper?
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:34pm
Blue / grey is a Gavin Rehbein .
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:21pm
Top one may be a Tom Ryan, more info @ Lurehuboz .
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:52pm
Thank you very much Mick. Just had a quick look and I believe you are spot on regarding the 1st and 2nd lures. Martin, there is a light oval outline between the belly and rear hook hangers where there may have been a sticker (or I'm imagining things). Just tried to photograph it a few times but can't see it in the photos. Originally thought it was a Killalure popper but the shape seems wrong. Really keen to find out who made the third lure down...
handbrake View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote handbrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 6:58pm
Kingfisher popper painted by Carl Grist when they were sold out of the Cooktown Lure Shop.
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:01pm
Thank you Handbrake! Does anybody know the other two?
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:25pm
Maybe some more pics from other angles might assist. The green and yellow is a beaut, the bars resemble the Edwards lure in tbe attached pic ( borrowed from the Edwards subforum ), the eyes similar also but I wouldn't put my pay on it. Too good a lure to sit in the unknown
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 1:56pm
Cheers Mick, here's some more pics. Note, the eyes are painted and the bib has a crease down the middle where it was bent into shape. Overall, it's a very well made lure, just need to find out who made it..

grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by handbrake handbrake wrote:

Kingfisher popper painted by Carl Grist when they were sold out of the Cooktown Lure Shop.

Debbie was not to know because they look very similar but the popper is actually a Killalure from
around 1987 ?  I acquired a few popper bodys when I had Killa,s for sale in the shop, hit em with
a quick and easy paint job and sold em cheap. End of story Smile
Gristy
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:30pm
Thank you Carl, appreciate the info. Anyone know the other two?
grey nomad View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grey nomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:48pm
The little red eyed lure under the popper. It has a familiar look but can't place it. Maybe a couple of
bib profile pic's might jog my memory ??
Gristy
edandkell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edandkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 3:41pm
Some more pics of the little red eyed lure. 

horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 6:30pm
I'm starting to think of that guy from El Arish - near Innisfail? It's looking a lot like the one I had.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:24pm
Zinc-anneal bib, that may narrow it down.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic