LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Metals - Jigs, Spoons, Slices and Vibes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for bending twin spin wire forms?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for bending twin spin wire forms?
    Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 2:30pm
Hey guys,

I have a good search on the LL site and other sites around the web and cant find any guides for DIY twin-spin spinnerbait wire forms.

I'm looking to make up some bass sized ones for next spring, as the smaller sized spinners seem harder to come by. I've tried a couple using gal wire just for practice before I get some SS wire and am currently battling to attach the twin-spin arms without wrapping far too much wire on the form.

I've seen the pre-formed twin arms on the Kingston Lures site but would like to do it all myself. Any tips or pics on how the wire bait makers out there achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers,

Ces.
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:40pm
Ces
I had  some instructions sent out with my wire  bending/ shaping toll from USA in the mid 80's
 I am trying to chase up a copy for you

Just cannot find the sucker

Will post a picture of the tool I believe both are together.
I remember they suggested up to a certain thickness in wire ,what gauge are you planning on using.

Regards John

Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 3:35pm
Thanks John. I really appreciate it.

I've had a delivery from Kingston Lures today and it contains some 1.2 mm SS shafts in it. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

thanks again.

Ces
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 2:41pm
Ces 
My system works on lighter S/S wire.

These are the instructions sent to me with the tool.

You clamp the base of the tool in a vise and work the tool with your free hands.

Regards John

Ces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2016 at 11:11pm
Thanks so much John! I really appreciate it mate. Great little set of instructions.

Gotta get to it! Thanks again mate.

Ces
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic