Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Travers Powell in North Queensland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Travers Powell in North Queensland
    Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:55pm
Steven Muchow kindly offered to take Travers and I for a fish whilst Travers was in Townsville. A 4am start for us to travel up to Cardwell to meet Steven at the boat ramp, quickly load our gear and we were off. Checked the crabpots, one good muddie then off to Hinchinbrook throwing lures at snags for Barra.
Steven was champion angler for the day but we all had a blast.

After a visit to Steven's place, Travers & I visited the Eric Moller & Vic McCrystal Memorial, had a quick bite to eat at the beach, then hit the road for the trip back to Townsville. A big thanks to Steve for taking us out and his hospitality, I hope Travers enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks guys.
Cheers,

Gavin
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:40pm
good stuff guys nice BarraThumbs Up
that's no how ye make porridge!
bignanny View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CAM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bignanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:45am
Sounds like a great day. Well done guys. 
All my braids gone!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 10:20am
Looks like a great day out guys Cool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 1:59pm
Looks like a nice day out on the water, with a couple you catching some nice fish by the look of it ££👍🏼
Cheers Flacco
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 2:29pm
Now that's a familiar looking spot you were fishing SteveWink

Warren
Any Brand Of Lure Is Only As Good As The Fishermen Using It.
Baroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 4:08pm
I'm sorry,I am missing something here,WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF TRAVERSE HOLDING HIS FISH?Wink
Regards,

Marc - STDZ Lures - Catch fish,fish a STDZ instead.
reel deal View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reel deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 4:55pm
'Traverse'  just went along for the ride by the looks of it - too busy checking facebook or his share portfolio to cast.

Don't tell me the powelly lures failed - AGAIN - they didn't work on that New England trip with snaffy and flacco... nip into BCF and get some smiling jacks or producers..

Least the weather looks choice.

Good company too.

wadey

www.reeldealfishing.com.au
steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:30pm
Looks like a nice day on the water...
cheers steiny
OCD View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
OCD Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 8:51pm
It was a nice day to be out on the water and in Travers defence, he was at the back of the boat, last to  get a cast in and he only had a spin stick with him, so he was at a slight disadvantage. Nothing wrong with Powell lures, the action on them was great and some of the colours were amazing in the water. I think Travers was more worried about being taken by a Croc than catching a fish, he seemed pretty preoccupied, constantly scanning the area for them. Steven & I probably didn't help maters telling him stories about crocs as well.LOL
Cheers,

Gavin
Powelly View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Powell Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 9:47pm
I had a great day "boating"! A huge thanks to Steve and Gavin, for giving me a chance to catch my first Barra. No fish for me, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching these 2 blokes show me how to catch a Barra or two. Thanks Steve for the fresh Barra that we had for dinner.
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 3:11pm
They couldn't get you your first barra Travers?
Turn right at the Threeways instead of left mate, we'll get you several.
Regards, Tony.
"Always Merry and Bright"
RAVA View Drop Down
Industry Member
Industry Member
AkLures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 5:12pm
Travers was watching Steve and Gavin showing you how to catch Barra , the same as Dave and I showing you how to catch flathead down here the results seemed about the same
Fish hate me!!!

Cheers Gary
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 7:02pm
yeah mate I think you know where we were
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 7:07pm
it was a great day out that is for sure and you two gentlemen are welcome on my boat when ever you like, we will get you a barra travis that I am certain of mate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic