LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > Fishing with Lures > Fishing Tackle discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trebbles Doubles or Singles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trebbles Doubles or Singles
    Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:07pm
Felas there is a discussion below regarding snagg proofing small lures.  At present I am making some about 50/60 long and I have been thinking of putting a single on plus a bit of skirt material as you see on a spinnerbait.

A single is lethal on spinnerbaits so has it been tried on half to 1 metre diving lures. 

I am in Bass and Golden territory.

Regards Gordon
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:18pm
Hi Gordon
have used the single swinging hook on barra have pics ect, the hookup rate compared with treble hooks
was shocking
this was done on hard body minnow lures, 70-140mm long

went back to treble hooks

regards George

Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:20pm
Gordon, should work ok. Up in the Territory there are a few places where you can only use a single hook on a lure and they catch some decent Barra on them. Bass should be no problem but I'm not too sure about Yellas as they have a tendency to attack the belly of a lure. Cheers IAN.
Fysshe
bluey View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 8:33pm
the same lure two hook setups Timber Assassin lure

treble hooks 3-5 hookups out of 6 bumps
singles 1-2 hookups out of 6 bumps

this is just what i have done and may work better for someone else or a different lure
but i am sticking with a treble

regards George

Pecheur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecheur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:05pm
Hi there,

What I sometimes do, when fishing in a very rocky place from the shore, is putting double hooks, with the pointy bits towards the top. So when they slide over the rocks, they don't grip.
It works for me.

Also, if you look at the soft plastic, most of them have just one hook, and they seems to work pretty well.
(Saying that, I am not a big fan of them, but purely because I find the hard bodies more pleasant too look at...Wink)

Have a good day,
Pecheur
GBG View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012 at 9:43pm
Thanks fellas it will take a week or two and I will be testing things.  The Bass should be backin numbers  by then.
Will try to show some results.
Caught a reasonable Bass on a Water Dragon look alike yesterday, on the belly Trebble. That's when I decided I would make smaller lures.

Thanks, Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic