LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying something new

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 9:24am
After i made the 60mm. Banana Lure finished with the new bib, thy have been very effective on the Trouts

Decided to try make a 75mm. in hope it would have the same crazy action. 

When at it today i also decided to go fore the 100mm.  Ermm So tomorrow i will also make some 100mm. test Bananas Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 6:04pm
Will be watching this Per, the little ones work so the bigger ones should work as wellThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:20am
The last two monday evenings i have had the pleasure to teach the Juniors how to make spinners we can use. Last monday we made some tradional Mepps types. This monday we made a Condom Spinner and a model off an old abu vertical jig/spinner. I have made the jig part home in a Silicone mold, then the youngsters cud make the spinner part. Next monday i take the air brush and we will finish them up by putting some paint and eyes on the jig heads.
My Daugther Pernille made these two today. Looking forward to go out with here to try them Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 5:27pm
Clapthey should catch a feed PerClap
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 7:27pm
What do you think Ermm can this 1mm. stanley piano wire stand up to your tough Australien Fish Question
Have just ordered some off the wire i have used on all my Lures, in 1,0 and 1,5mm. 
And will make the Wire like the 75mm. Lure in last Pict. where there is used 0,7mm Wire   

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 7:33pm
I think it will handle the average fish per , id have to test it for you to be sure though :)
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 7:43pm
The last two monday evenings i have had the pleasure to teach the Juniors how to make spinners we can use. Last monday we made some tradional Mepps types. This monday we made a Condom Spinner and a model off an old abu vertical jig/spinner. I have made the jig part home in a Silicone mold, then the youngsters cud make the spinner part. Next monday i take the air brush and we will finish them up by putting some paint and eyes on the jig heads.
My Daugther Pernille made these two today. Looking forward to go out with here to try them Smile

A little update on Pernilles Lure making 
Last night we were at the club house to work on the vertikal jigs (SPIN-UP) the juniors have made 
Pernille tried the air brush fore the first time and did very well 
I helped them make the scale pattern, and now thy only need a little black on the back, a couple off eyes, and clear cote. Then thy are ready to catch some nice Redfins. 
We hope it will freeze hard enough this Winter to go on the ice and try them. Other wise thy are good from a Boat

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 5:48am
That' cool Per, do you need a ice rod to fish on the ice? Ermm
Great looking lure tooThumbs Up

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
hypnos View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:09am
gee per ... with that green thumb you should be into gardening ... not fishing !!! lol lol LOLLOL
cheers
bazz
a wife & a steady job are a handicap to the serious fisherman !!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:17am
Thanks Dave on the ice we use a little ice-fishing stick about 40-50 cm. 
The juniors also make them out off old Rod tips. It has to be the old Glassfibre Rods. Carbon cant hold to fight a 4-5kg. Pike Shocked There was caught one that size two years ago by the leader off the junior section 

Knaek & Break 
                  Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 6:38am
Thank's Per for info, You have to take photo's of the fishing on the ice and that's a big 4-5kg pike on a small rodClap

Cheers
Dave
Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 11:34am
i like the little jig in the bottom photo Per,do you mold these yourself?
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 5:30pm
I like that vertical  jig as well, would work on a lot of our fish species.

I am sure that wire will hold up to some quite big fish as wellClap
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 2:43am
[QUOTE=MadDogLures]Thank's Per for info, You have to take photo's of the fishing on the ice and that's a big 4-5kg pike on a small rodClap

Cheers
Dave

Bazz I am absolutly not normal a person with "green fingers" hate all kind off garden work. 
But this green is okay LOL

Dave here is some Pict taken february 2013 Ice fishing with my Son Patrick. This was the last time cold enough. As you can see now snow at all. Remember it was -9C that day, and we did not catch any thing at all.
 Hope it will freeze enough this winter, so Pernille get the chance to try it Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2016 at 3:10am
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

i like the little jig in the bottom photo Per,do you mold these yourself?

Yes Chris these 12gr. jigs are casted in White Metal in a Silicone mold i have made. I also make all the bodies we use making Spinners. Like the body in the Pict. with the Comdom spinner. Quit expensice if we have to bye them. The white jig is a original 18gr. master
I have about 80 molds to make Spoons in. First one made in 1986 and still work a treat. 
I use them in the club to make sheap Spoons the juniors can fish with, as i only use the handmade Spoons now
Last Pict i was lucky to find 10kg. White metal as we call it, to the club on the recycling place where i find the metal sheets to make Spoons off price 600,-dkk. If i had to bye it from new the price would be minimum 3700,-dkk. + shipment.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 4:57am
[QUOTE=p.j.]What do you think Ermm can this 1mm. stanley piano wire stand up to your tough Australien Fish Question
Have just ordered some off the wire i have used on all my Lures, in 1,0 and 1,5mm. 
And will make the Wire like the 75mm. Lure in last Pict. where there is used 0,7mm Wire   

Finally got time to go test these two new size THE BANANA Lures in a near by little Stream to see how thy would work under the pressure of some current. Am pleased and will make some more during the christmas hollidays. Also got the new thicker wire to put in them, so thy can stand up fore some tough Fish Big smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_WWJEvv88I 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-X_Dz0CJgA

Have a great day 
                Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 11:59am
I think they will hold up ok Per. But there is only 1 way to truly test it
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:30pm
That will work Thumbs Up
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:54am
Finally i got time to finish the first off the new 75 and 100mm. The Banana Lures. 
Thy looks "nasty" in my test tank, so the hopes is high Smile
Soon some will land in AU fore testing 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:22am
Love the colours Per and they will be smoking hot lure down here in Australia.
Hoping you are catching a few trouts?

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:31am
Thanks Dave
The 60mm. version did some good damage last summer on the Sea-Trouts here. So exited if these bigger models can do it on aussie speices
I have to wait about 3 month before high season sets in on the Trouts
Have a great day Smile
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 8:54am
Nice Per, very nice!
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 5:06pm
They will work well here PerClap
Martin-

Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:09pm
Bulging eye.
Well done Per

Have you caught any trout since the 16/01 when your season opened or did the snow close everything in.

Regards John
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 6:46pm
Thanks all Smile
John i have had so much to attend to, so not a single fishing trip yet 
The weather have been mild til this week. Now we have some -3 to -5 and a little snow.
Normally we need some cold weather, and nice high water to get the the small Trouts go from the Fjord to the Stream. 
Both mild and a long dry period has not helped, as the stream is very low. Hope it turns so i can get a few "winter" Trouts. Other wise i have to wait about 3 month till the big ones start return to the Streams

Got a little proud monday, as my daugther Pernille finished here first handmade Spoons. The Silver she made Scales on is two sheet silver/cobber soldered together. The Brass is one sheet
I have had 3 monday night sessions with the Juniors, where we have made the Spoons

Knaek & Break
           Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 6:50am
Great looking spoons Per, your daughter Pernille does a great job and takes after you. Clap  Clap                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Cheers.
Dave
Life is fishing!
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:33am
Wow pernille done very well!!
Maybe she will give up horses and become a shed dweller making lures fulltime!!
no good your stream is not fishing well, i miss the trout photos!
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:40am
Thanks Dave
Yes she have done a great job on these Spoons. It is quit dificult to get the scales right the first many times. But she is very keen, so a great pleasure fore me to teach here
The end off this month i start 3 full weekends teaching the Juniors from my fishing club making Wooden Lures. Really looking forward to this, as Pernille then will make here first Lures.
Have had about 6-8 keen Juniors to these sessions the other years, and we always have great fun

Knaek & Break 
               Per 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 8:01am
Yes i think i have made here just about right there Jas LOL
She actually have giving up the Pony. She unfortunatly out grow him to fast, and sold it to a great 9 year old Girl, where he is treated very well.
So who nows you be right about the fulltime Luremaker Wink 
Here is a little video where she practise here casting skills Ouch

https://youtu.be/XMXoH2UHIfM 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 12:15pm
Looks like she is going to take after you PerThumbs Up. Great job on the lure and pretty good at casting tooClap
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 5:52am
Some times since I have made 60 mm. Bananas, so only had two left in my tackle box
That´s why I now make some again. 28 to be exact Smile 
Also making two "new" as i have made one 75mm. and one 100mm. in a more rounded model. 
Keen to see if that have any effect on the action
Ready to glue wire and weight in them now Big smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:40am
Great tight wire work Per
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 6:00am
WHAT IS THE TIME Wink
Think it is time fore a little Coffee break before i start putting foil on the sides Big smile

Have a great day 
             Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 5:24pm
A fair bit of work in that lot Per Thumbs Up, more fish catchers on the wayClap
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 7:31am
Thy look like this now Martin. All ready to paint Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 20>
  Share Topic