LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Lures you have made
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trying something new

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by yotmon yotmon wrote:

Nice idea. All I need now is a drill stand ! I normally cut a groove the full length of the belly and place the one piece wire into the lure, then fill the gap with normal filler - this way seems better - have to try it !
Hi yotmon and all other L.L
You normally cut a groove and fill it with NORMAL filler. I got the idea, why not save the fine Wood thats in rest, when used a saw, sanding or rasping on the lures. Blend it with water resist glue, and you have the best filler money can bye.
JUST A THOUGHT
        p.j.
Piatu View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:03pm
Per:

Try these pellets witch i sent, its quite strong with sawing dust.Same stuff gluening and coating.Wink
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:36pm
Tanks Petri
Will try when thy arrive. Haven't got my mail today, maybe the parcel is coming today.
Nave a nice day
        Per
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 10:45pm
P.J--- hat's off to you, your spoons and lures are beautiful work-- Craftsmanship we  would never see in a 'factory lure', which is something they all try and copy.
Thanks for the insight.
pete
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 9:11am
Originally posted by hazmail hazmail wrote:

P.J--- hat's off to you, your spoons and lures are beautiful work-- Craftsmanship we  would never see in a 'factory lure', which is something they all try and copy.
Thanks for the insight.
pete
Thanks Pete.
The first Wood Lure i made, and put up here. Was pure taken out of my mind. Found a Beech stick and started carving, sanding and so on. There is properly made so many different Wooden lures around, that i have made a look a like of one already made Confused 
My Spoons are inspired a lot by the Norwegian Delfin Spoons, which i have a nice collection of. The S shaped Spoons (Krokodil) was actually invented by the founder of Delfin Lures (Arnold Hoff) in 1910. Have some models of the very first 1910 Krokodil. I use to say it is the worlds most copied Spoon. Every lure with the S shape is actually a copy of that.
But there is always your own unique touch. And handmade lures are NEVER 100% same.
So make a look alike yes, but make a 100% copy 58
Have a nice day
         p.j.

Piatu View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 4:56am
Well....

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 6:09am
Paitu
How the he.. did you find them. The only thing i cud see when i posted, was the text and then a big long piece of nothing right too the bottom of my replay.
Thanks you are the best  Handshake
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 10:45am
Hi P.J., they swim good ...ClapClapClap It will be good to see some with paint on them
and maybe a nice fish with one hanging out of it's mouth...SmileSmileSmile...Pete.
I'd rather be fishing with

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 6:22pm
Thanks Pete
Not the best conditions to try them in. Need to go on a real fishing trip to get them tested properly. And hope thy past with glamor and catch a fish, when doing it. That would be need. Still in the thinking box with the paint. Has very limited space. But it Will come in time, i am sure
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 6:34pm
Asked Tony to remove the 2 empty posts. But the Pict. of The Lures in the swim test, went to. So to L.Lers, who haven´t seen them before. Here thy are

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 6:59pm
I have discorered a little problem when making the "pull tru wire lures"
Have had a cuple where the front hook wire not was in center with the lure ( i cud correct it when filling the hole) But it iritates me, i didt got it right. So i had looked in to the problem, and found out it is when i make the presure with the wood fork. Have being mounted the pull wire on side of the bench, and only pressed the fork foreward. That way the wire can be pulled of center. Made some atemps on top of the bench. Here i both can lift and pres the fork, and that way make the wire pulled straight out of the lure.
JUST A LITTLE ADVICE AND CORRECTION TO THE MAKERS, WHO WILL TRY THIS METODE
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
CircleVbaits View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 11:15pm
PJ, you are a perfectionist and I wish I could be more like that. Sometimes I get very sloppy with my work.
The best to Y'all,
Verlon
Baitman
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 6:35am
Thanks Verlon.
Must say i can´t see any were on your lures, that you are the least sloppy.
But your workshop, that i have seeing on a Pict. Yes very sloppyLaff 
By the way. Nearly finished your Spoons. Got the last back to day, and only have a couple of small things left

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:06am

A little video, where i am hammering scales in my Spoons.

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:16am

pj

very interesting

Thanks for posting

Regards John
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:50am
Enjoyed the video PJ, I really love the tools and devises that you make and use. Very interesting.
Verlon
Baitman
bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 5:31pm
PJ a great little video. I admire your work you are a very skillful and patient person 
 Regards Billj
The older I get the more I learn.
barneyminno View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Deep River Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barneyminno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:41pm

PJ , this is beautiful...you are a true craftsman.

Anthony.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:56pm
P.J you are a very inventive person that jig is a beautyThumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:39am

Verlon

You don´t need any help in creativity ether. That i now fore sure after receiving these gifts from you.
GUYS THIS MAN IS JUST ONE OF A KIND.  
Chowed my Wife a Pict of Verlons Dolly lure, and she said : i would very much like a lure like that.
I asked him if i cud bye one to give here. Verlon answered, that he will send one to here as a gift. Same time he would send a surprise to me. And what a surprise it was. Thought others should see the creativity that grows in this man.
THANKS AGAIN FROM BOTH OF US
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 12:02pm
wow! that pencil is fantastic P.J ,Verlon must have very good eyes and a very steady hand to carve that.Dolly is beautiful i'm lucky to have two of them.this man has a wealth of talent.you too i think
P.JClap
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
CircleVbait Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CircleVbaits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 1:15pm
Thanks for all the kind words.
I used a self portrait to do the pencil.LOLLOLLOLBig smile

Baitman
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:21pm
thought as much!,very nice Verlon have you grown a beard though?LOL
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 12:40am

Just finished this 48 mm. "scaly" thing. Silver trophy/cobber. Not sure i am gone shape this.

Properly cant help fish and lose it, if i do Shocked

Would tho be nice to catch a Hug one
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:00am
some nice work there P.J.
Neat tail ,you certainly put some work into them.

Regards John
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:10am
Hi P.J. nice lure , it's a little bit of a mermaid shape...WinkWinkWinkWink....Pete.

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:43pm
it is a bit Mermaidy,nice work P.JThumbs Up
Piatu View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:47am
Guys, Per is amazing craftsman .....

By Piatu at 2011-05-26

Pictures even show half of his skills to using metal.61
You have to see his art live  with own eyes ;)
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 9:01am
Hy Petri
Nice to see you got them "in one piece" Wink and glad you like them
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 2:04am
Hi guys
Have any one ever made some Lures like this one i made in 1985 to deep sea fishing, between Denmark and Norway. I made this one in the colors of both the Aussie, and Danish flag Thumbs Up Offent we were on top of 40 to 100 meters of water. The first Fish ( Gadus Morhua ) was caught on this lure on 60 meters. The next (Pollachius Virens ) which is a palagic Fish, was also on 60 meters. This Fish is very strong. Made to high speed svimming, as you can see on the body/tail.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 7:54am
P J

Outstanding work, different idea there.  Nice fish.

regards John 
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 8:35am
Thanks John.
I actually made the first ones of some old rain cloth i used in late seventies, first eigties when i was working as Lobster fisher in the North sea. Made this "litlle" bigger one fore fun.
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 9:18am
P.J.

Thats a grand daddy lure. thanks for posting

Certainly not your every day Australian lure.

regards John
tooch View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Twitchy Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 10:03am
Nice Lure Per, it would be good as a fly on some of the Pelagics
here in Aus...ClapClapClapClap....Pete.

bilge View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Bill Jackson Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 4:16pm
I love the lure. Does that bottom fish look like a cobia to anyone else.
billj
The older I get the more I learn.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
  Share Topic