LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Lure Discussion > What the blazes is this fishing Lure?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

unknown NT timber lure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cappo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: unknown NT timber lure
    Posted: 01 May 2018 at 9:39pm
Hi, This lure was purchased in the NT during the mid 1980's/early 1990's. It is timber, about 10cm long, with an oblong towing eyelet. One authority suggested it might be a Peter Munt creation, but I emailed him and he did not think it was. Can anyone identify it for me? I want to sell it.
Thanks
Mike Cappo
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:00am
Howard Kennedy possibly .
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:36am
There were a few local blokes making during that time frame, me included, but Col Mellon comes to mind, reckon it's a backyard creation. I've got an early one of Col's rough around the edges but effective .
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:37am
Where the f#@K is Topaz?
Mike Cappo View Drop Down
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cappo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:51pm
Thanks, Mick....do you have any pics of "Howard Kennedys"? I can't find any.
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike Cappo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:57pm
Thanks, Seaweed,

Funny thing that....I worked as an Observer on Taiwanese fishing boats off Darwin whilst Col Mellon was on the enforcement/compliance side of things with the same fleets in the NT Fisheries office. I knew he was billfish mad, but not a lure maker.

PS: Topaz is God's Country between Malanda and Mount Bartle Frere. Soil is edible, water flows up out of the ground and banjo music abounds. Better than my old digs in Howard Springs where the ground was too hard to dig in the dry.......
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:04pm
Tablelands Tony, rains a bit up thereWinkWink Cheers Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
micknq View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micknq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 8:05pm
Photo was lifted from a now defunct site .
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 12:51pm
Topaz sounds nice, must be near Milla Milla. Don't ever go through there from the Innisfail turnoff, I did real Yowie country, pretty, but in the wet that back road is deadly. Later realised would've been better to go up the Kuranda way via Atherton. Oh well you learn these things, trying to get home to Darwin after bloody Ingham was cut-off again .
Seaweed.
Beginner Member
Beginner Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cappo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 6:49pm
That green one is very close, and the black striping method is similar on the others. There is even a squashed down eyelet visible on one. Closest yet -- although my bib is metal. Thabnks all for help and interest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic