LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Fishing Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USING MEMBERS ONLY LURES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 38>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
Well Wal outfished me again in the freshwater with more and bigger fish using his own lures. But here are photos of a jungle perch on a Fugly Trutta Butter

And a sooty grunter and a jungle perch on one of Roy Durre's - CRAFT surface fizzer / popper

And Wal caught a 'silver grunter", apparently a rare catch. These grow to about 30 cm and there mouth is very "sweetlip" like - a very stunning fish. Held the right way there are 3 very faint bands running horizontal along the body. The fins are more red then what the photo shows and the body very silvery, so much so that Wal first thought he had hooked a bream.

Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:23am
Thanks for making the effort ducks...I was hoping surface would be the go...cheers mate and no ducks knuckle in the pic either! Very pressed :)

Nice fish all-round on members lures...good to see
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 10:48am
Some cool fish there Thumbs Up and worth twice as much off the surface!

The Silver Grunter is one I havn't seen before, one to add to the bucket list Wink
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 11:09am
nice fish there Martin,check the big paddle tail on that sootyShocked.the silver grunter is a pretty fish looks a lot like a non banded banded grunterLOL
that's no how ye make porridge!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 6:44pm
Cam Cupitt and I had a plan to fish Koombooloomba Dam near Ravenshoe with a few others. When I arrived at Cam's we found out that the road in was closed for repair (overdue to open) so we fished a few local areas over 3 days. Some severe rain storms limited our activities though.Best fish was a 33 cm jungle perch by one of Cam's friends.

A sooty on a B.O.B.s, lost this lure after a few fish.

This little lure of Mark Andrews' (Mark A Lures) caught me a lot of fish (again) but I had to show this little sooty grunter - only about 10 cm long.

One of the mud cod I caught on Cam's lures (Headland Lures). These are a pretty fish and I don't tire looking at them - very aggressive as well.

Some various scenery shots. One place took us 2 hours on a jungle track that was pretty well non existent and the leeches were horrendous (talking about 50 removed during and after the trek).

Martin-

MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 7:26pm
We have to call you bear horrorhead , 50 bloody leeches you can have them Never saw a mud cod before and how big do they grow Martin?

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 8:29am
what gorgeous country and worth the leechesLOL,good stuff MartinThumbs Up
al49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 8:37am
that second last pic looks amazing country ,great pic
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:02am
caught a couple of fiesty little Bass on a P.J Banana.sorry about the pics my gopro does'nt work well in low light conditionsEmbarrassed

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by MadDogLures MadDogLures wrote:

We have to call you bear horrorhead , 50 bloody leeches you can have them Never saw a mud cod before and how big do they grow Martin?

Cheers,
Mad Dog

The mud cod are the second largest gudgeon at about 35cm max. They are exceeded by the sleepy cod as the largest gudgeon and I have seen photos of a 60 cm plus specimen (very nice eating, very white flesh).
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by al49 al49 wrote:

that second last pic looks amazing country ,great pic

It is beautiful country, that last pic is part of the track going in.
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by puglee62 puglee62 wrote:

caught a couple of fiesty little Bass on a P.J Banana.sorry about the pics my gopro does'nt work well in low light conditionsEmbarrassed

Well done Chris and PerClapClapClap, a couple of good bass.
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:12am
WOW Martin you are walking some great looking spots there mate. Thanks fore the great reports Smile

Knaek & Break 
                Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:15am
Thanks very much fore using my Banana Lure chris Thumbs Up
One more spices to the list on it Big smile

Knaek & Break 
                 Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:03pm
Bit different to the usual here but Chris also tied me up a couple of Fugly bucktail jigs to take to Brazil.
See if this works...
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 8:16pm
Great Clip Ducks, choice of music worked well, thanks for sharing
Still looks like a lot of work even in the best of places.
Cheers Kimo
Craft View Drop Down
Craft Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 7:13am
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Well Wal outfished me again in the freshwater with more and bigger fish using his own lures. But here are photos of a jungle perch on a Fugly Trutta Butter

And a sooty grunter and a jungle perch on one of Roy Durre's - CRAFT surface fizzer / popper

And Wal caught a 'silver grunter", apparently a rare catch. These grow to about 30 cm and there mouth is very "sweetlip" like - a very stunning fish. Held the right way there are 3 very faint bands running horizontal along the body. The fins are more red then what the photo shows and the body very silvery, so much so that Wal first thought he had hooked a bream.

Nice to see you getting some results on that little green number! I believe that's the first JP I've heard of on that lure. Handshake
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:02pm
Wow you guys are in fantastic surrounds and living the dream
Can`t get tired of reviewing your posts
I am retired and always said I would do the same but always seems to be something that has to be done first.
Great stuff keep it up
Martin It would seem that you made the right decision when you moved
Cheers Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Kimo Kimo wrote:

Wow you guys are in fantastic surrounds and living the dream
Can`t get tired of reviewing your posts
I am retired and always said I would do the same but always seems to be something that has to be done first.
Great stuff keep it up
Martin It would seem that you made the right decision when you moved
Cheers Kimo

Cheers Kimo, it was a decision not taken lightly as I left an area I had lived in for 43 years - but yes, much better for me.

Roy, that little fizzer is a ripper, fizzes well, it pops and can be walked - very versatile. 
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:51pm
Another trip to the reef today mainly chasing trevally, mackeral and tuna - except somebody forgot to invite the mackeral and tunaUnhappy.

I manged this little golden trevally on one of Richard Lee's poppers. I also got hit another 2 times by big giant trevally but one stretched the split ring on another maker's popper (I'll contact him to let him know) and the one that hit a Cam Cupitt's Headland Lure rubbed it off on the reef.

We also got a few teeth marks in other lures, but without us knowing until we inspected the lures. How does a fish leave denture marks in lures without us even registering a hit?

Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:11pm
How does a fish leave denture marks in lures without us even registering a hit?
VERY CLEVERLY
Kimo
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 7:43am
I've got a Kuttafurra with teeth marks all over the back end which are mostly from hits I didn't I feel. The cheeky buggers.
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 7:54am
Martin those Richard Lee's popper looks the goods and very intelligent those fish leaving tooth marks without you feeling a biteConfused

Cheers,
Mad Dog
Life is fishing!
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 8:23pm
Yesterday's fishing eventful but I caught very little. Hooked onto a 4 foot long cobia on one of Ray Murphy's deep diving mackeral lure but the hooks pulled - I later lost thjat lure to something that took me around the chain on a marker bouy.

Today was better for me. A queenfish on a Ollie Hardt Stingray popper   

And a gold spot cod on a Lee's Lure Big Mack Trap.

Martin-

Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 10:43pm
Once again great to see, Thanks for sharing.
Any reason for running a single hook on the tail of that purple popper and a trebel on the belly ??
Usually see the single on the belly to reduce hook rash
Do you find it reduces hook ups ??
Cheers Kimo
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Kimo Kimo wrote:

Once again great to see, Thanks for sharing.
Any reason for running a single hook on the tail of that purple popper and a trebel on the belly ??
Usually see the single on the belly to reduce hook rash
Do you find it reduces hook ups ??
Cheers Kimo

Hi Kimo

Being a popper it isn't exposed to much hook rash. But I used this lure beach casting for mackeral and queenies at Mapoon a few times and found that into the wind I was getting a lot of hook up with the line on the rear treble (using an 11 foot rod and really punching into a stiff wind). The single hook reduced this to nothing. I haven't found any noticeable difference in hook up rate with the big predatory pelagics, I have plans on using this on barra but if they are biting shyly then maybe it will impact on them. 
Martin-

Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 3:12pm
Still waiting for you to cast a Seaweed Lure, Martin? I need another species other than barra, threadfin, sooties. Regards, Seaweed.
(PS looks like you're having a miserable time lol.)
"Always Merry and Bright"
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 5:25pm
Thanks Martin
All makes a lot of science when explained, Wish I didn`t get much rash on my poppers, but I May give it a try
Cheers Kimo
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 5:35pm
Martin, Next time fishing with Wal, secrete a banana on his person. Your catch rate will increaseWinkWinkWink. Cheers Richard.
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:46pm
Secrete his banana..oh dear please dont encourage him
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Seaweed Seaweed wrote:

Still waiting for you to cast a Seaweed Lure, Martin? I need another species other than barra, threadfin, sooties. Regards, Seaweed.
(PS looks like you're having a miserable time lol.)

Still waiting for the right area / conditions to use it. But I intend on using some weird stuff on the reefs soonLOL
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Nicho Nicho wrote:

Secrete his banana..oh dear please dont encourage him

NICHO - stop being rudeAngryWink
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
Well Ollie's popper did it again. Wal and I hit the rocks at Archer Point for an afternoon flick session. Wal got down into the water with the swell reaching over his knees to gill this 20 kilo plus giant trevally for me. Line was 10 kg mono and as can be seen in the photos - released and swam away immediately.

Me letting out a YAHOOOO

Martin-

Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 8:38am
Geeze those poppers are good.
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 9:07am
Thanks for the reports Martin, some awesome fishing there Clap

It looks like life up there is treating you well, really great to see! Cool

p.s. sounds like Wal is a gun net man to have around Big smile

Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 38>
  Share Topic