LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Blast from the past
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using old lures - new fish

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using old lures - new fish
    Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:57pm
I like the idea of using "old" lures. Some american & european lures haven't changed much in decades and are still being made so they must be pretty good to last that long. Jitterbugs & Shad Raps for example. I swam a Arbo-Gaster on the weekend and got this nice Golden Perch.......

1wood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:55pm
Good stuff , Jitterbugs and Flopys go hard
Fysshe Salmon View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
Fysshe Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fysshe Salmon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:43pm
Nice one, the Arbogast Hula poppers were great on Bass!!
Fysshe
munro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:54pm
Some lures just never get old
I would bet my last two bob that if you were fishing glenlyon dam and you tie on a tenterfrild dart in orange and white colour you are garented to catch a cod.( you would be mad to do it though)

For such a small lure for cod i have seen and heard of massive cod getting pulled on those little lures.
Matt
kayargh1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayargh1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:20am
Your post reminded me of something that happened to me. A few years ago I went out bass fishing with the late Dean Hayes. As well as his guiding, Dean worked part time in a tackle shop in Penrith and was quite close to the then emerging lure makers Taylor, Koolabung and Catt. These makers essentially provided all his go to lures. On the day we went out nothing would go near the lures we threw at the fish until as a long shot and cure of boredom I tied on an old coachdog coloured Heddon Deep 6. Fish first cast. Some may recall that Dean had a bit of a temper and he gave the fish a reception full of expletives which included in part advice directed to me that this lure belonged on the wall or in a museum. When the third fish came into the boat he had softened and graciously agreed that maybe it had earned a place in the tackle box. ken.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic