LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Viper
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viper, My Growing Collection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viper, My Growing Collection
    Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:10pm
I started collecting lures seriously 6 months ago. I had no vipers at all and after discovering them on this forum I have fallen in love with them. I found them very hard to come buy in the beginning but I feel I have been very lucky and after some finds I have amassed a collection that many will envy. I have some  gaps to fill and you feel you would like to move them on, please let me know. The occupy the Top Shelf of my cabinet as I think they are just that. Although I have never met Shane I have a huge respect for him, I can't wait to me the man. 

So here they are, only 1 large timber with the metal bib in less than mint condition, but I love it. The rest are 3 and 2 inch Vipers with the Lexan bib and a heap of the molded ones with some on cards in mint condition. I'm a happy man but happy to find more. 

These two pics here, are the ones Shane made me last year when I told him I couldn't get hold of any  of his old lures, it seems once I received these the flood gates opened to me increasing my collection.

steiny View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:44pm
Looking good Sel...well done!
cheers steiny
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:12pm
Sel im not a collector of Shanes lures but do have a couple left that I have had much pleasure fishing with.
One of the graet pleasures I got at the last lure expo was meeting Shane and looking forward to the next and sitting down with a coffee and a chat .

And Sel love your collection

Cheers Graeme
bullrout22 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullrout22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:14pm
Sel

Some top Vipers mate I like em they are top lures only wish there was more here

But always great to look at other collectors lures
Dave Lake Macquarie N.S.W

Lionel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
White Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lionel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 7:25am
Got to like the nudes
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 10:53am

Very nice Sel. Its hard to say which ones are nicer, the classic oldies, or the recent Nude and metal bib sets. All nice!

Matt
Lefty View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 5:03pm
Mate in 6 months thats awesome...
Aussbasstony View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussbasstony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 6:49pm
I missed this post Sel, wow what a great collection !
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 11:31pm
One of my latest treasured Finds, this color seems very rare. Shane mentioned that it was a special order, he thinks.

This one is too good not to share,Smile

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 12:03am
very nice Sel,i'm not a lure collector but that's one collection to envy I think ,Shanes one of the best luremakers I know and Vipers are truly iconic
that's no how ye make porridge!
Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 6:50am
Sel you're on fire with those Vipers. What a gem.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 6:53am
Sel what a gem to find mate, well done.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 2:02pm
Damn, I lost one of those last year in the Brissy RiverUnhappy
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 2:05pm
Just kidding - sorry Sel - had to do itEvil SmileLOLLOL I'm in a playful mood ATM. 

Oh BTW, those lures turned up - told you postage to our area is slow.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
Nativeman View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nativeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:15pm
An addition to the Vipers, this was a trade this week. Alot of you would have seen it on Facebook, but here is for those that don't use FB.

Raffey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raffey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:57pm
Awesome Sel.

They do look nice the old Viper.

Cheers,

Danny.
Echo Lures
jaybonnie View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 8:09pm
Great looking lures and your starting to get some nice setsThumbs Up
THE CODFATHER
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 2:54pm
Sel, that recent timber is a beaut, I'm looking for one to add to my Aussie timber makers collection. Hopefully I'll find one at the Expo in the Traders area.
Looking back at your pics, the one I have in 2" Bass, is slightly different. Has red/black eyes, are you interested in subtle variations? If so I'll bring it down as a trader.
Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic