Forum Home Forum Home > Fishing > Messing around in Boats
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHAT A FATHERS DAY GIFT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHAT A FATHERS DAY GIFT
    Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:50am
I have some time talked to my wife i missed a boat, and would like to get one so Pernille (my dougther) and i cud go out fish on our Fjords. 
My wife said find a set and it will be your Fathers day gift. 
Found a good used trailer first 14 days ago. Last weekend i found a good old Danish build boat and yesterday i picked up a nice used 10hp. 4T. Tohatsu
Now i just cant wait to mount the boat to fish from, and get out there Smile
Damned i love my wife Big smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
EVEN CUSTOM DOGS LIKE THEM
matt fraser View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Barambah Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt fraser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:32am
Nice work PJ, it will be great to get out on the water in that. 

Happy days ahead

Matt
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 9:35am
Outstanding PJ.
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
You have a good one there mate.. wife and boat. I'm sure many great days on the water ahead. Some blokes here are lucky to get a pair of jocks and socks for fathers day.
whipit
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:24am
Waiting for some fish  pictures now PerWink
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:30am
That's fantastic!
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:33pm
Your fishing will step up quite a bit now mateThumbs Up
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:23pm
What  a wife, lucky boy Per. Hope you have heaps of fun in it.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:07pm
what great women you have in your family Per.noew get out there and catch some fish for usBig smile
that's no how ye make porridge!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 4:30pm
Thanks all fore the nice comments.
Yes i am lucky to have such a great Wife and Kids
Got to think when i saw the Pictures again : The Boat actually match the good old 1993 VW Polo i have.
And that the Boat actually is older than the Car. It is made about 1988-90 but in very good condision, and back then thy made quality 

Have a great day 
               Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 6:57pm
I bought my wife (EX) a new all singing all dancing washing machine for Christmas ONCE--- never heard the end of it Shocked  Shocked.
I would have killed for a new band saw or lathe for Christmas back then.
Per, maybe you should buy your wife a new outboard for Mothers Day  LOL. Just kidding.......
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 7:02pm
Per usually when I try to say stuff like this it comes off creepy but I'll try anyway.
If in a few years I've got half the daughter (and wife) you have I'll be a very happy dad
MadDogLures View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Mad Dog Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadDogLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 8:54am
Love the boat Per and with the 10hp. 4T. Tohatsu on the back it will cruise along nicely.Thumbs Up
Enjoy fishing with your daughter and can't wait to see your photo's.

Cheers,
Dave
Life is fishing!
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:35am
Finally Pernille and I got time to a little test run today.
I have used some time clean and mount rod holders and a little new Sounder. 
As i bought a special Boat cover i have built a Raised wooden skeleton, so the rain can run off, as there is no drain in it Stern Smile
Must say i am impressed by the 30 year old Boat. There was a bit off wind (about 10m/s) and it handlet it very well. The 4T. Tohatsu sounded like a pleased Cat Wink so i am very pleased aswell Big smile
Here is some more Pict. 

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:06am
looks like a great little boat Per, very clean and solidThumbs Up
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 8:32am
i wish my boat was as clean looking as yours PerCry.theres certainly a bit of choppy water but you and Pernille look very dry ,always a good thing.now we need to see some fishThumbs Up
whipit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whipit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:04pm
Lovely little boat mate.. some memories will be made in it for you and your daughter. Better get some fish before that water freezes over.
whipit
Screamingreel View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screamingreel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 7:52pm
Per
 Send some wind down to us, your water looks great nice light chop did you happen to fish when trialling the boat.

Regards John
Kimo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 10:35pm
Way to go mate, Any fish caught from it will only be a bonus to the years of fun & enjoyment both your self and daughter will experience in it and the memories that will last for ever.
Maybe even get the wife to take a ride and wet a line
Cheers Kimo
codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 3:20pm
Looks great lots of fun to be had in that mate. Looks like your daughter is loving it.. can't beat boating and fishing with the kids, they love it.

Cheers, Blake
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 8:38am
Have been working on some modefications on the Boat, as there was no way but the hard to pour water out off it. So i decided to make a drain Well where i will connect a hoose that goes out in the back. Just need to make the hole in the Well, where i can put a Exspansion plug. When sailing the Boat lift and the rear end is free off the water so I can drain it, and put the plug in again. 
It is first time ever working fiberglass, and i think it went quit well Smile

https://youtu.be/wXcil35cJJY

Have a great day 
               Per

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
rally44 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Lee's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rally44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 1:21pm
Good job Per, Don't forget to put plug back inWink Richard
Dads in the shed making saw-dust again.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 1:21pm
Looks good to me Per - a nice neat jobThumbs Up
Martin-

LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by rally44 rally44 wrote:

I've only ever done that once, and luckily for me I still had the boat on the trailer before pushing it offEmbarrassed.

Seen many others sunk at boat ramps though. It normally one thing that you only do once but I know a bloke who did it 3 timesLOL
Martin-

p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by horrorhead horrorhead wrote:

Originally posted by rally44 rally44 wrote:

I've only ever done that once, and luckily for me I still had the boat on the trailer before pushing it offEmbarrassed.

Seen many others sunk at boat ramps though. It normally one thing that you only do once but I know a bloke who did it 3 timesLOL
Thanks Smile
Have been there myself once in another Boat I had LOL
So i hope i had my time on that one Embarrassed

Have a great day 
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:40am

Looked over this thread again and thought I would update with what the Boat looks like after I finish building it.

Also made an upgrade on the boat trailer, with a walkway so I can go all the way to the end without having to balance on the frame at the risk of breaking a leg Pinch
After the picture was taken, I put a piece of fender strip on the ends, to spare the shin Shockedand the boat at the other end Smile

P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Chep Buxley View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chep Buxley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:55am
You've done an amazing job transforming the boat and trailer Clap Congratulations and well done!
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:34am
Nice! It looks very tidy and well thought out Per, love it. ClapCool
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
HARTE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARTE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:11pm
Great work Per, ready for action! ClapThumbs Up
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 8:52am
Have been thinking about getting an electric motor for my boat for some time and skimmed the market for a good used one, as they are quite expensive here in DK The other day I was lucky to find a "brand new" brand new in opostrophe as it was bought in 2011, but never started and put in heated storage until now. Made a written agreement with the seller about a 30-day full right of return if it didn't work Got it started up today without fully mounting it on the Boat and it caught the satellites quickly. Tried the functions I could without being in water and everything worked perfectly. So I am confident that I have made a good purchase when I got the seller down to 1458 aud. New price today for a similar engine is 3750 aud. Now I need to have installed and bought a good battery

Knaek & Break
Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
Ducks View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 9:43am
Excellent purchase PJ
Tony View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 2:12pm
Oooh nice Per! boat is now upgraded to stealth weapon class CoolBig smile
Cheers, Tony

For the love of Fishing Lures.
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 7:16pm
Had one of those s as d it was a great motor. Only got rid of mine to upgrade when I got a bigger boat 
Martin-

puglee62 View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fugly Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 10:50am
a great investment Per you'll be able to sneak up on the fish with that.i use one for trolling and get way more fish than when i just had the petrol motor
p.j. View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
P.J's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p.j. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 3:44am
GETTING THERE Big smile
Weather have not been with me fore some time. Windy, cold and rainy. Have no garage to work in Disapprove
But today, even it was raining a little, manége to install the electric motor, and the 70ah Lithium Battery on the foredeck i made before the bad weather
Now I just need to complet instaltion off my new sonar/plotter Lawrace Hook reveal 7" and then hope fore some deacent Vinter weather, so I can go out test/learn all the new gear Big smile

Knaek & Break
              Per
P.J. LURES
SO SMOKING HOT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic