LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Lure Making > Make your own Fishing Lures > Questions and Tips re carving your own fishing lures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the name of this labelling Technique

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalethewhale1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the name of this labelling Technique
    Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 5:25pm
G'day guys, 

If you get a chance could you please watch 15 seconds of this YouTube clip.

The step I am interested happens at the 7:20 Mark. He applies two clear stickers with the lure name and logos on them . Then peels them off to have only the print remain on the lure.

If they are stickers that he has made elsewhere, then it is of no use to me. I wish to stick on various names and messages.

What i am hoping is that some one can tell me that you can do this via a printer or printing technique at home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqQb4qsfHI&t=479s

Thanks in advance.
Whale

Tbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 5:54pm
Google Letraset  ;-)

Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 8:30am
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
Seaweed View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
née Capt.Seaweed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seaweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:13am
Love the name Dale, Coffs Harbour aye. I'm travelling down to Woopie next week to visit my old mum at Darlington Park, Arrawarra.
Regards, Seaweed.
"Always Merry and Bright"
dalethewhale1977 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalethewhale1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:35am
Thanks T- bolt, but not what i am after. I want to be able to put custom messages and images in different fonts onto my lure. I am assuming it is something that would have to be printed (by me) first.

Thanks though for the reply.

Whale
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalethewhale1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:42am
Thanks Seaweed, 

I got the nick name in my first year of playing rugby (22 yrs ago) they're a creative bunch... and it stuck!

Darlo park is a great place and many a fine 'elder' has enjoyed their days out the back behind the golf course!

The link you gave me is cool but also not what I think i saw in the video. it looks like his logos were on a clear film in reverse....????

The search continues. I found a thing called water slip decals. Has anyone used these on there lures/ rod blanks then epoxied over..

Cheers Whale
Blinky View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Blinky's Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by dalethewhale1977 dalethewhale1977 wrote:

The link you gave me is cool but also not what I think i saw in the video. it looks like his logos were on a clear film in reverse....????

You use the cameo machine to cut you design in vinyl, it comes with computer programme, then pick away the excess and apply to a transfer sheet, that's how you get it to stick.

This vid explains it: http://youtu.be/82OaZK6R6gM

Or you can print onto water slide decal paper and apply anything design you want....
Blinky.

Blinky's Lures.
The lures that catch fish, not fishermen.........
Facebook
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalethewhale1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:15am
You are a legend Blinky!

Thanks!

Whale

Bigriver View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Kneller Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 5:41pm
If you want to do your own water slide decals, Google "Alps Printers"
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalethewhale1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:37am
Thanks very much Paul for the lead.

Is this something you tend to prefer to use or do you lean towards waterslide decals.

I checked out Alps' ans it seems as though it is a slightly dated thing with many of the sites saying they no longer stocked them or the ink.

Cheers Whale

Bibby Lures View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibby Lures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 5:12pm
Hey guys. I do water slide decals on my lures. They are printed on an inkjet printer on a4 decal paper. Then 2 coats of acrylic clear spray from pressure pack can. My sister has a machine called a Cricut machine which cuts them out (circles). Added bonus is it can make airbrush templates in card. Hope this helps
Oh btw ive found the best way to fit them is slide on to lure then heat with a heat gun before epoxy
glider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 10:34am
If you use waterslide decal lazer print paper,you dont have to spray over to stop it running-just apply and topcoat over...glider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic