LURELOVERS™ Australian Fishing Lure Community Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Jaysea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wild One Limited Edition 1993 - 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wild One Limited Edition 1993 - 2015
    Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:34am
Photo 1 shows some of the 2015 Limited Edition "Wild One" lures with totally new colours/patterns.

Photos 2 and 3 show a few timber Mambri Lures made by Keith Baker which were the origins for the JaySea "Wild One".
Also shown in photos 2 and 3 is a boxed set containing two moulded JaySea "Wild Ones". According to what Warren told me when I purchased them from him they were the first two that he painted and both have unique colours/patterns. It is interesting to note that the presentation box uses the name "Wild Thing" and not "Wild One". As well, it was signed on the inside by Warren and dated 1992 not 1993.

Trust that these are of interest,
Col
reelsandlures63 View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reelsandlures63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:36am
very nice col thanks for sharing
lead lure View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lead lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:34am
Col THANKS for sharing is the purple one worth more because the card is different
Cheers Graeme
colsel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 2:22pm
Graeme,
It cost me the same amount as the other three so I guess not. They were just randomly distributed I thought.

I did notice in Nicho's post showing his Baker Kray Special Edition lures that there were three different versions of the backing card used. Maybe Warren could shed a bit more light on this if he has the time.

Regards,
Col
Darby View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Fishaholic Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 2:42pm
He's just playin with our minds maaaannnnn
"If you are going to have fun with your rod.. get some wood

samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 3:35pm
Ok, for once and for all let's clear up this name thing. When I first released this lure on to the market I gave it the name WILD THING, some time later I get a phone call from some lure makers solicitor complaining that the name WILD THING was his because that's what he called his brand of lures, so what I thought but being the mild mannered type of person I am I changed the lures name to WILD ONE and the rest as they say is history. As for the dates, the moulding date is not always the same as the release date.

Warren
Nicho View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Nichos Maulers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:01pm
I noticed a couple of different cards amongst them, I was happy to get a couple different, id say warren ran a few experiments and 1 or2 got mixed in with the final lot.
The boxed 2 you have col are obviously before release on market, so made prior...good pick up.
id say at the price the limited edition leftover lures were sold for, its obvious they were done for enjoyment, certainly not profit.....anyone thats unhappy with theirs is simply too hard to please.
Jas
Jas
Nichos Maulers Homemade timber lures....THEY CATCH FISH!

YA DONT KNOW...IF YA DONT GO...SO GET OUT THERE AND... FISH IT
samurai View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
JaySea Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote samurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:15pm
Just to clear up another item. The Wild Thing lure was released in 1992 but due to the above mention name problem the lure was rereleased in 1993 as the Wild One. As for the different cards, you've got meLOL
Cheers Warren
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic