Forum Home Forum Home > Australian Lures > QLD Lures > Dave Pearce
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wooden lures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Dave Pearce Lures and OLM Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wooden lures
    Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 12:52pm
i thought id put some of my wooden lures i have made in the past so if any one is interested to have a squizz , and maybe offer some advice to new lure makers if needed, pearcey
Lofty View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder

Esoteric Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 1:23pm
Some beaut lures there,great colours.Lofty
Esoteric lures "For The Select Few"
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 1:58pm
Nice lures Dave the lure in pic six , what's the target species for them ( trout , bream ? )
Cheers Rick
Fish Choking Lures :)
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 2:21pm
hello rick, 6 to 8 cms , jacks barra, sooties, saratoga , bass , 60 cm jungle perch Tongue LOL the top one in pic 6 was airbrushed by bryan ,PADGEY and me and he put the 2 pac on as well, pearcey
hazmail View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
Rayna Lures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazmail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 2:34pm
Dave- I like your stencils, a real variety of effects--particularly like the bottom one in pic #5.
Thanks for posting, post some more when you have them finished.
Pete
   'RAYNA' ---Free Range Lures
peterayn@yahoo.com.au
Strangalures View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangalures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 2:45pm
Thanks Dave

Pete that Daves blue tack method

Fish Choking Lures :)
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 5:33pm
i love using auto acrylics, these paints are infallible , with the right mix of thinners to paint , you can do all sorts of patterns , if it doesnt dry within 5 minutes i dont want to know , pearcey
rodsncods View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodsncods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 5:47pm
dave do you make a surface paddler?if so , can you post a photo....mick
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 6:04pm
sorry mick, dont make them, padjey is the man for those water wobblers Wink pearcey
mark2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 7:56pm
Hi Dave, you have done some beautiful lures there Dave, I agree with Pete the bottom one in pic five is outstanding, thanks for the pics.
Mark.
dishley View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 9:29pm
I love the top 2 bibs in the second pic. Did you make up a simple template and cut the aluminium to shape and file?
Do you think you'd get a similar action using Lexan??
horrorhead View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLover of the Year 2020

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horrorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2013 at 11:20pm
Like those moo cows Dave, but they are all very good.
Martin-

you don't havta be pretty to fish
ZD527 View Drop Down
Unverified New Member
Unverified New Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZD527 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 1:10am
they are some good looking lures !
SNAFU View Drop Down
Stall Holder
Stall Holder
RIPP-N LURES

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNAFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 7:33am
Like ya work there Dave...all good stuff Cool

Mick!!!
Pearcey View Drop Down
LureLovers.com Fanatic
LureLovers.com Fanatic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearcey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2013 at 8:52am
hello ash, i didnt cut the bib they were sent to me by a great lure maker on this site the bib is curved but you can certainly use flat polycarbonate , just have to fool around the the bib angle the top pic of the mack lure will swim with metal and poly bibs although this type of lure is a little harder to make than the shallow ones i find squeezing the towing eylet down a bit helps with a straighter lure at speed , hopes this helps, pearcey
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic